Fabby Followers

Saturday 22 October 2016

Winnie & The Gingers visit Holland

Happy Saturday to you all

Have you all spotted the new releases over at Polkadoodles?
&
Baked With Love
Have you all spotted the great bargain?
pop here to see how you can save a whopping 50% on baked With Love
But hurry the offer wont be about forever.....

Today I am sharing with you the biggest project of the year , I had wanted to make this windmill for ages but was dithering about the decoration. We have been so spoilt this year over at Polkadoodles with Nikky's lovely new collections and when Winnie Winterland & Baked with love were released I knew exactly what I wanted to use.
I was a bit nervy as it looked very complicated , but big girls knickers pulled up , talking softly to my portrait telling him he is going to have his work cut out (haha cut out!)

This project took me over three days to complete, It is definatly not to be rushed

I downloaded the Windmill File - I read through the instructions whoaaaa not as hard as I first imagined!
I made a couple of alterations as the original the bottom opens (where you can hide a gift - very clever)
But I wanted mine more of a decoration so I ommitted that part and mine stands flat 
These are the links to the cutting files from lovely Sandra that I have used
Windmill
Santas Sack Sleigh
Ski's & SledgeWinterset

The windmill is built in 3 main pieces that you then fit together,  It really is good fun building each piece and then seeing it all come alive at the end.
I made the main structures using Kraft card so it would be nice and sturdy
I so loved decorating it up, I tried making each piece as special as I could
I used fluffy stuff for snow on the fences, ski's  and sled
When my project was complete I gave it a sprinkling of flower soft
How cute is the little door - if you look carefully it even has a little door mat

I dressed the windows with Lace & Ribbons

I mainly used 
&
Baked With Love
to decorate but borrowed the Christmas tree's and the wreath from 
Frosted Winter

For the sails I used a fancy die.
Here is a little stream taken of the different angles
Thank you so much for stopping by today
xx
I would like to enter this into
CRAFT - Christmas
Crafty Girls Creations - Anything Goes
Crafty Ribbons - Ribbon/Lace
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Crafting With Friends - Anything Goes
Simply Papercrafts - Anything Goes
Winter Wonderland - Frosty / Well wrapped up
Crafty Friends Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas - Use a Sentiment


11 comments:

CraftyLyn said...

Great,WOW love the frosty windmill,thanks for sharing your project with us here at winter wonderland,Lyn DT

What I Created Next said...

Ooooooooohhhhhhh fabby xxx

Unknown said...

Spectacular xx

Beebeebabs said...

Wow absolutely beautiful!!!

Jane Knudsen said...

Wow! Just wow! What an undertaking and you did it beautifully! I really had to look things over to see every single detail you put on this windmill! You should be so proud of this creation! Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar!

Cards By MI said...

Wow! That's some work put in to that one. Really smashing and so many details. Just lovely! Thanks for joining us over at the Winter Wonderland.
Love n hugs
Marie

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your stunning project… gorgeous windmill and so much to look at.
Please join us again next time. Good luck!
[Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

La Vikinga said...

I can only agree; wow!! You made a fantastic project; and I see the lace in the windows. Thank you for participating in our challenge this week at Crafty Ribbons and welcome back!

La Vikinga // Member of the Crafty Ribbons Design Team

Wendy L said...

What an amazing creation, thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends, xxxx

Laura ElleBi said...

Such a great projet!
Thanks for joining Crafty Friends
Hope to see you soon!!!
DT Laura

julie_woolston said...

Wow fabulous creation
Thank you for joining us at WW.
Hugs Julie xxx

Dolly Dimples Decoupage - Part 11

  Hi and welcome back to my blog, I am still in Christmas crafting mode, and will be for the next couple of weeks Now who doesn't love o...